Xdialog documentation - Authors and history
Xdialog v1.0 was originally written by Alfred Reynolds at Cyberone Internet in September 1999.
I discovered this utility in April 2000. At the time being, it was very basic (fixed menu size and position, only the standard dialog widgets and the treeview were implemented, and the dialog compatibility was less than perfect). But it was exactly what I was searching for and I then decided to improve it so to use it in a project I was developing at work.
Xdialog development has been taken over by me (Thierry Godefroy) from v1.1.0 ownwards (although v1.1.0 was never released: the first public release by me was v1.2.0).
Some Xdialog users also contributed to this project: thanks must go (in no particular order) to:
I hope I didn't forget anybody ! ;-)
- Albert Chin-A-Young who helped a lot in making possible to compile Xdialog on non-Linux plateforms, as well as Peter Bray (v2.0.0 compatibility fixes) and Peter Breitenlohner (automake/autoconf issues);
- Luke Holden, Luis E. Limon, Ben Bauer, Barry Rowlingson, Taco R. de Vries, David B. Harris, Thanh Ma, Vincent Stemen, Eric Gillespie, Christian Werner, Stanislav Ievlev, Todd Hammer, Hélio Cavichiolo Jr, Rolland Dudemaine, Joerg Tretter, Cigy Cyriac, Lubomir Sedlacik and Jean-Philippe Guillemin for their suggestions or submitted patches;
- Sid Boyce, Thomas Ribbrock, Scott Ostrander, Markus Riese, Rugart Fertsch and Michelle Konzack who helped to hunt down bugs;
- Stanislav Ievlev, Horacio Castellon, Sven Backhausen, Lucas Brasilino, Jostein Christoffer Andersen, James Briggs, Emil Nowak, Pier Giuseppe Fogli, Dani Hernandez, Erik Forsberg, Christian Weisgerber and Ricardo Bertagna for their help with the internationalization of Xdialog (".po" files);
- Lenart Janos for Hungarian translations and source tree "Debianization".
- Andrew Van Uitert for the GTK2 support.